The teen years can be tough on a few kids. Some kids may breeze through this phase, without much of a glitch, but some teenagers can really feel the pressure and stress these years can bring.
To ensure that your child is ready for this phase, you can ensure that they eat right, get the right nutrition, so as to grow in to strong, well-developed human beings.
Here are a few ideas as to how you can ensure that your kids eat well, so that their body can stay strong and their minds can remain agile!
A few small changes in their diet and lifestyle can make all the difference. If you speak with a Registered Holistic Nutritionist, you can indeed learn how a great diet can make all the difference. So, go ahead and start making changes now.
A few tips that you could use:
1) Fuzzy and Sugary drinks should be cut down upon. You could try sugar free beverages. In fact, you can hook them on to drinking water, with just a small slice of lemon, or an orange, you can indeed make a difference too.
2) Instead of keeping chips and other unhealthy snack food handy, keep a bowl of fruits in a reachable position.
3) Insist on breakfast, every day of the week so that you are not forced to eat any junk food. Make sure fortified cereals are a part of their diet with some low fat milk, this will ensure a doze of fiber, minerals and vitamins. Whole Wheat toast and yogurt are great additions.
4) Do not encourage them to skip any meals.
5) Reinvent old family recipes and make your kids a part of the cooking process, however do ensure that you use less fat and think about alternatives to make the food healthier.
6) Encourage them to eat meals that are smaller in size, but make sure they eat at least four to five small ones.
7) Make sure that you use salt in moderation.
8) Try and avoid letting them build up a habit on constantly eating junk food.
You have to help them make a difference. They will lead by example, your example. Practice what you preach and you will not have a thing to worry about.
Speak with a Registered Holistic Nutritionist to craft a diet that is nutritious and can help you win health and happiness for your kids. Speak with a good homeopath too, to learn how natural remedies can make a world of a difference on their diet.