Over the last few years, the awareness about gluten and its harmful effects has been on the rise. It is known that about 55 disease are linked to gluten, which is a protein that is found in barley, wheat and rye. Another astonishing fact is that so many people who are intolerant to gluten are never diagnosed because they are simply ignorant about the condition.
It is essential that you watch out for the following symptoms and make efforts to eat well, so that you are not affected by gluten.
1. If you seem to have digestive problems after you have consumed foods that are rich in gluten, you may be gluten intolerant. Watch out for symptoms like bloating, gas, diarrhea and constipation.
2. Chicken skin or Keratosis Pilaris happens at the back of your arms. It is a condition that occurs given a deficiency of fatty acids and Vitamin A, it also happens due to fat malabsorption, which happens because the gut is damaged.
3. If you feel tired, or feel that your brain is fogging up after you have eaten a meal that is rich in gluten, then you may be gluten intolerant.
4. If you are experience neurological symptoms such as loss of balance or some amount of dizziness, it could mean that you may be gluten intolerant.
5. If you have been diagnosed with PCOS or have problems with fertility, it could be caused due to excessive gluten and you may be gluten intolerant.
6. People who often suffer from nagging migraines and headaches after eating meal that is rich in gluten, are known to be gluten intolerant.
7. If you experience any kind of pain or swelling in the joints such as your hips, knees or fingers, you could be gluten intolerant.
8. ADD, mood swings and anxiety are closely related to gluten intolerance.
If you suspect that you may be gluten intolerant you should speak with your medical practitioner as soon as you can. You should also get in touch with a Registered Holistic Nutritionist so that you can learn about foods that will help you stay away from gluten and find effective substitutes for your cravings. A homeopath too, will be able to advise you upon how you can use herbal remedies wisely to take care of this condition.