For those who are addicted to their morning coffee or simply cannot do without a couple of cups of coffee through the day, then you should listen up and take notes as the list below will make you aware of why you should consider giving up this addiction.
A few reasons why you should seriously think about quitting coffee are listed below:
1. Catecholamines are stress hormones that are increased with high consumption of coffee. This stress response leads to a spike in cortisol which leads to an insulin spike, which then leads to making you feel lousy.
2. When you are habituated to coffee…it could affect your insulin sensitivity, which could lead to your cells not responding appropriately to blood sugar. High levels of blood sugar lead to arterial deterioration and could go on to cause other cardiovascular disease as well.
3. Coffee that is unfiltered is known to have the highest level of antioxidants that are beneficial, but even then it has a high mount of diterpenes, which are known to bring high levels of LDL, VLDL and triglycerides.
4. Coffee is acidic and is most commonly associated with causing digestive discomfort, heart burn, indigestion and other digestion related issues.
5. Coffee addiction is no less serious than being addicted to drugs. It causes withdrawal symptoms that can be equally menacing.
6. Urinary excretion increase: Coffee addiction could lead to excessive excretion of very important minerals such as magnesium, calcium and potassium. This change in levels of electrolytes in your system could lead to serious problems with your system.
Find alternative ways of dealing with this coffee addiction. Get on to beverages that are healthy as apposed to those that that ruin your health. Speak with a Registered Holistic Nutritionist and learn how a few important changes to your lifestyle can help you make a positive change towards your health.
You could also get in touch with a Homeopath to learn what herbal remedies you can use to make life better.