Let’s face it; we’re faced with stress on a daily basis, at work, at home from our way to work from home and the other way around as well. Everybody is stressed and all of them have reason for it. It’s a modern day health issue and chronic levels of stress tend to be bad for health in the long run.
If you want to fight stress, the only way to do it is to make relaxation a part of your life. You can do this in many ways. Relaxation has a host of benefits for your health and happiness.
How can you do so, here’s how!
Create ritual of calm on a daily basis
You have to observe periods of time-out during the day. Away from your computer, to-do lists and may be even from demanding family obligations. However, do remember that creating this time should not attribute towards creating further stress, it should be a natural process that should not consume a lot of your energy. It should easily fit around the other activities you have planned in your day.
A few things you can do are:
– Take a few minutes to sip your coffee. Turn off your phone, close your computer and savor the brew. Let your mind be at peace.
– Add 30 seconds more to your bathing schedule. Use a body scrub and find a sense of calm seep in to your system while you take care of yourself.
– Feeling tensed at work, take ten seconds to give yourself a neck and shoulder rub.
– Indulge in some aromatherapy when you come back home from work.
– Enjoy your dinner by candle light, forget about the Telly, and indulge in some romance with yourself, find your mind at peace.
– Calming your tired feet can be extremely relaxing. A foot roller can do great good.
– Listen to relaxing music, this could be done while you work, read or do everyday chores.
Spend some time in the evening getting ready for the next day
Mornings can be extremely hectic and hence a few minutes that you spend the previous day ironing out the day ahead can really make the day ahead start well. You feel less stressed and you are able to achieve a lot more.
Get out of bed, just ten minutes early
For those are not early risers, waking up in the morning itself can be extremely stressful, however, it is a habit that you have to inculcate. Change your body clock to wake up ten minutes early and you will note that you feel less stressed as you can get more done.
Laugh, practice positive affirmations, meditate and simply tell yourself not to panic and your mind will listen. Speak with a Registered Holistic Nutritionist or get in touch with a Homeopath to learn how a natural diet too can help alleviate stress from your life.