Oral hygiene is truly a cornerstone of a healthy life, however, there is one very important aspect of this regimen that most of us avoid and that is tongue scraping. Brushing your teeth, flossing gargling and even oil pulling are a few thing that people indulge in, but tongue scraping tends to get left out. It is easy to do, convenient and does not take too much time. Then why leave it out. Make this habit a part of your oral hygiene regimen and you will notice a world of difference to your health.
For those who do not know, tongue scraping is an ancient Ayurvedic self-care practice that helps remove toxins, called ama from the tongue’s surface, which does not only freshens one’s breadth but also improves digestion.
A few benefits of this practice are listed below:
– It gets rid of bacteria, ama toxins, dead cells, debris and fungi from the tongue.
– It helps in improving breadth
– It helps heighten the sense of taste buds
– It helps stimulate internal organs
– It works towards improving digestion
– It increases the awareness of your current wellbeing by paying attention to your tongue
The process should be a pleasant one. Do not scrape far in to the back, and do not scrape too hard. You can get in touch with a Registered Holisitic Nutritionist or speak with a Homeopath to learn how you can work towards keeping healthy by observing good oral health.